Doctor Who: Lights Out: Twelfth Doctor: Twelfth Doctor (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts Book 12) - Holly Black

This short story featuring the twelfth Doctor has been added to the anniversary E-short collection that was published in 2013. And even though I still have to watch season 8 with the new Doctor, I've been enjoying the stories I've read so far with the 12th Doctor.

When the Doctor stops at a far-away planet notorious for its coffee to get himself and Clara a cup disaster strikes not once but twice. Not only does the coffee run out, every time the lights go out someone turns up dead.

While being extremely short just like the rest of the series, it was also very enjoyable. The Doctor and his temporary new companion get a very interesting murder mystery to solve, but not without some humor. The absence of Clara (whom I still dislike) might have helped, but this was one of my favorite Doctor Who stories.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Other Doctor Who novels I've read and reviewed:

* 12th Doctor:

Silhouette (Killer Origami), The Blood Cell (Prison) The Crawling Terror (Giant Insects)

* 11th Doctor:

Touched by an Angel (Weeping Angels)

* 10th Doctor:

Keeping Up With The Joneses (Strange village)

* 3rd Doctor:

The loneliness of the Long Distance Time-Traveller (Alternative England)

* 2nd Doctor:

The Anti-Hero (Ancient Alexandria)

* War Doctor:
The Engines of War ("Ex-ter-mi-nate!")