Doctor Who: The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Time Traveller (Time Trips) - Joanne Harris Brigitta of the White Forest - Danika Dinsmore The Ruins of Noe - Danika Dinsmore Ondelle of Grioth - Danika Dinsmore A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman The Gospel According to Monty Python - Julian Doyle

I use the TBR Thursday to tell about my new books from last week. It's a way to show my new books to everyone and to confront myself with my inability to lower my TBR.

I always say: Next week I will make sure it's lower. Unfortunately, so far it hasn't worked. Never. Nor this week. These books just looked too good, and I got autoapproved for a new publisher (and I always feel like I should 'request' at least one book to thank them).

I also always say: I hope I can read more books next week, and as my vacation is slowly coming to an end (I'll start again September 22nd) I should really use the time I still have to read. But I find myself addicted to this game ANNO 1404, where you have to build your own settlement and it's a really nice game. Unfortunately, this leaves less time for reading. This week's new books are all from Netgalley.

TBR pile currently stands at 170. (+6) *HELP*

(Netgalley ARCs at 52 (+2))

I've been reading some Doctor Who novels lately and I quite like most of them, so when I saw The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Time Traveller on Netgalley I just had to request it. * Nothing to do with the book itself, but this is the point where BL's search engine is better than GR's. This book is not (yet) on GR! *

Next is a MG fantasy trilogy that looked very promising.

I saw A man called Ove in the bookstores in German, it sounded interesting, but as I don't really read a lot in German I passed on it. Later, I remembered I'd once seen the book on Netgalley and got the English version there.

The Gospel According to Monty Python sounded funny and I really liked The Life of Brian, so I thought I should just give it a try.

Have you read any of these books? Do you've got nice new books or are you lowering your TBR?