This is part of a series I'm writing on (bookish) Dutch after I received some questions about my language, and because I believe that learning something new about another language is awesome (I just hope you'll agree!). You can also see my posts 101.1 & 101.2.

For this week's post I thought of Harry Potter. The books and films are immensely popular, even after seven years - and not without a reason. But it was not just that that I thought of, but everything in the books has been translated. Literally everything. Not always in a logical or recognizable way though. Take a guess for example as to who Marcel Lubbermans and Professor Anderling are.

Neville Longbottom and Professor McConagall

(show spoiler)

It doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Why not try to put the books in the right order (this should be fairly easy in comparison as the titles are translated pretty literally.

A. Harry Potter en de vuurbeker

F. Harry Potter en de geheime kamer

G. Harry Potter en de orde van de feniks

C,F,E,A,G,B,D

(show spoiler)

Too easy? Here are some other Harry Potter words (not all of them are logical translations though)

Zweinsteins Hogeschool voor Hekserij en Hocus-Pocus

Portkey

Wegisweg

Diagon Alley

*Insert Harry Potter Tune*

In what language(s) did you read Harry Potter? What would you like to see next in this series on (bookish) Dutch? Please let me know.