The Syndicate (Timewaves Book 1) - Sophie  Davis

I like time travel, so naturally when I heard about this time travel novel featuring a Syndicate sending people back into time to steal certain artifacts.

Stassi and her partner are sent to 1920s Paris in order to track down a certain manuscript, while they have to mingle in with the local artists consisting of many, many famous historical figures. However, what starts as a routine job goes awry quickly as a new serial killer turns up.

I liked it a lot. While at times it is too slow most of the time it was really enjoyable. My one objection was that it sometimes was a bit too convenient and easy for the main characters. Also, I was not sure why their task was so important that they kept going even though it was obvious that their lives really were in danger. The ending was slightly eye rolling, especially considering the romance.

But, I do think that with the Syndicate there is the potential to have a lot more nice adventures all through history, and I know I would like to read the the next books in the Timewaves series!

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!