Where I Lost Her - T. Greenwood

It has been a while since a character in a book annoyed me to the same extent as Tess did in this novel. Hell, in the end I was hoping that she would turn out to be just crazy.

Tess was traumatized eight years before when she and her husband went to central America to adopt a little girl and things went horribly wrong. Due to what has happened, people do not believe she really saw a little girl, lost in the woods.

What follows is Tess' story. And I just really, really didn't like her. I can't even explain where it started. So, instead I will try to focus on the story, which was not that surprising in the end. The only thing that I really wanted to find out was what had happened all those years ago (which will take ages for you to find out). The ending was, although I didn't have all details right, exactly as expected.

I was disappointed by this read. What expected was a novel on a fear I think everyone has somewhere deep down: a missing child and no one even bothers to report it missing. But the story and especially the main character Tess just fell flat.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!