Doctor Who: System Wipe - Oli Smith

The Doctor is trapped inside the virtual world of the game Parallife, the world of which is about to get wiped. The real world at the same time is also endangered.

This was another very quick adventure for the 11th Doctor, Amy and Rory. I find that I quite like the stories that are set in virtual reality after I read The Three Body Problem. Even though I felt the characters were not caught as well as in some of the Doctor Who novels I've read, it was not difficult to imagine the story as an episode of the television series.

It's a short and fast paced read and in the 'real' world there is more than enough happening as well. I found it an enjoyable read.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Other Doctor Who novels I've read and reviewed:

* 12th Doctor:

Silhouette (Killer Origami), The Blood Cell (Prison), The Crawling Terror (Giant Insects), Lights Out (No More Coffee

* 11th Doctor:

Touched by an Angel (Weeping Angels), Death Riders (Deadly Carnival), Heart of Stone (King Midas, sort of)

* 10th Doctor:

Keeping Up With The Joneses (Strange village)

* 4th Doctor:

The Drosten's Curse (Weirdness)

* 3rd Doctor:

The loneliness of the Long Distance Time-Traveller (Alternative England)

* 2nd Doctor:

The Anti-Hero (Ancient Alexandria)

* War Doctor:
The Engines of War ("Ex-ter-mi-nate!")