I've been experimenting a bit last month and I've decided what I want to do with my reading over the summer. My main goal is definitely to lower my TBR as much as possible. But because I always have a hard time choosing the next book (so many books are calling for attention), I never knew what to read next. I think I may have found a solution!

I'm not going to choose anymore!

This may sound weird, but I'm planning to let chance decide the books I'm going to read the next couple of months. Like I said before, I've been experimenting a little bit with it before actually announcing the plan (and as I plan to keep you all updated about it, I first wanted to know if I would like it at all). So far, it's been really good. I've read certain books (especially the Amazon freebies) that I otherwise might have never gotten to. I also wanted a more healthy mix between ARCs and all the other books I want to read, and I feel it's helping on that score as well.

So far I've just been using a Random Number Generator and my GoodReads to-read list, but I'm planning on filling a bowl with all the books a little papers, and actually drawing the next book. Because that would feel far more awesome!

Consideration I've already made:

* Sometimes ARCs need to be read before a certain date. No problem, they can go first.

* In case a book gets chosen, I can swap it for another book by the same author (for example an earlier book in the same series).

* In case of a library book, I can read it when I see fit.

* Sometimes you just really feel you have to read a certain book. That's also not a problem because reading should be fun.

However, besides these things I would really like to stick to this system. I'm curious to find out what I'll be reading, and I plan on (weekly?) updates.

TBR at the start of the Reading Summer: 737

Do you have any summer reading plans?