The Last Leaves Falling - Sarah Benwell

If you hadn't heard about Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) before last summer, you'll probably know it now thanks to all the attention that went into the Ice Bucket Challenge. It was of course only a matter of time before there would be books about it as well. And I thoroughly believe it's a good thing that awareness is created for this terrible disease (as there should be awareness for many more terrible diseases).

I really liked the setting, in Japan. It's always nice to read about a different culture. I was not such a big fan of the chats that were included into the book, and I felt that the friendship that followed was rushed, especially in the beginning. Come to think about it, the whole book felt rushed. It wasn't a particularly long book, so I would have liked to perhaps see it a bit longer so that the events all felt better in place.

Although I thought it was an interesting story, I never truly connected with Sora or his friends. It didn't have the emotional wow-factor that I thought it would have. Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high...

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!