The Gospel According to Monty Python - Julian Doyle

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

When I first saw this book on Netgalley, I supposed it would be about Life of Brian (amazing film). It was not completely what I expected. For the biggest part, it was not at all what I had expected...

For someone who edits movies, I was a bit surprised to find so little structure in the book. True, it kind of follows the storyline of the movie, but it switches a lot between different theories in explaining why Life of Brian is the most accurate biblical movie made. Mixed in between the theories is also some explaining on making films and deleted scenes from the movie.

The parts about the film where by far the most interesting parts. I found the theories, which also involved the - how could there be a conspiracy without their involvement - Knight Templars and Freemasons. It even references Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. All in all, some parts were funny or absurd, others were just less interesting. I'm not sure what the ultimate goal of this book was nor what I think of it...